twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Internet is very slow since vista security update. Often connection timed out?

It started last night after updating vista. After restarting because of update my pc internet has become very slow. I don't know the cause but I think its the update. I often get connection timed out which I rarely have had before the update. I can connect to websites but it is hard and I have to refresh it many times. When I'm downloading something it is fast and I think it is only when I surf the net. I already tried uninstalling the update and even system restore but to no avail. Please help me fix this problem.
Internet is very slow since vista security update. Often connection timed out?
It happened to me as well last nite so I had to power cycle my router and modem and everything works well again. But I didn't have exactly the same problem you encountered such as slow downloads. However, Microsoft just came out with another crucial Vista update this morning. I think it's the fix for the problem we just encountered.





To make surfing the net faster again, try these few tricks: do a "disk clean up," and afterwards, click on Run, type "%temp%" (without the quotation marks) then press Enter; then click on File on your toolbar, select Select All, then press your Del (delete) key to clear all the temporary internet files in your computer. Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment