twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

My wireless internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes, what's wrong?

Check out





http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?q...
My wireless internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes, what's wrong?
There may be a bad reception between you and the router perhaps?
My wireless internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes, what's wrong?
Put the computer right next to the router and see if it still happens. If yes, you've eliminated both interference and weak signal as causes.





If the router feels particularly warm, it could be overheating. Make sure it's only a little warm to the touch, at most - even in 90 degree weather. "Just a little warm" is normal. Hot is cause for shutting down. (Placing it in an enclosed space almost guarantees shutting down - those radios get hot.)
Reply:I have the same problem with my Netgear router for so long. I had to constantly power cycle the modem and my Netgear router. I got fed up with this crap so I bought a new D-Link router and I must say that I haven't had the same problem again.





The problem is the router you are using and it's not your broadband or internet service provider. Did you try to power cycle like I did? To do a power cycle: turn off your computer first, then turn off your router second, then your modem last. Now wait for a couple of minutes then turn on your modem first and make sure all the lights have turned on before you turn on your router. Now turn on your router and wait until all the lights are lit up. Then turn on your computer. Before you power cycle, make sure you have done the clean up that I asked you to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment